The aims of the Brother Foundation is to provide funding to support young athletes between the ages of 16 and 23 years of age in the furtherance of their pursuit of excellence by way of financial support. To assist young athletes of suitable ability and required standing with travel costs to suitable events overseas, where appropriate the purchase of specialised equipment or with assistance towards injury rehabilitation. Brother Ireland are the patrons of the Foundation. The Foundation is administered by a board of three who meet whenever required, all decisions of the Board on funding are decided on a simple majority basis. Any young athlete in Clonliffe Harriers A.C. has an entitlement to apply to the Foundation for funding subject to compliance with the rules of the Foundation.
1. The athlete completes an application form.
2. The athlete is aged between 16 and 23 years of age.
3. The athlete must be a member of Clonliffe Harriers for more than twelve months.
4. The application for funding must be supported by the athletes coach and captain.
5. The Board must be satisfied that the athlete in question is of suitable standard to compete in the particular event.
6. The Board must be reasonably satisfied that the participation of the athlete in the required event will yield the desired outcome for both the athlete and the club in so far as this is possible.
7. The athlete in question is of good standing within the club.
8. The athlete when called upon by the club captain has made himself or herself available to compete for the club, when possible, in championship events on behalf of Clonliffe Harriers and in Clonliffe Harriers own championships.
9. In the case of an application for funding for travel costs to an overseas event the application for funding must be made no later than two weeks prior to the event in question.
10. In respect of costs actually incurred, e.g. physiotherapy/physical therapy bills, equipment or suchlike the application should be accompanied by appropriate invoices in respect of payments and costs actually incurred by the athlete. In respect of costs to be incurred the application should be accompanied by an estimate.
11. The awarding of a grant from the Foundation is entirely at the discretion of the Board who’s decision is final and the Board should not be required to give any reasons for its decision.
12. The amount to be awarded is discretionary and the Board shall not be required to give any reasons for its decision concerning any amounts it awards.
13. The awarding of a grant to an athlete shall be limited to one award only each year save in exceptional circumstances.
14. An athletes existing level of funding may be taken into account by the Board in deciding how much to be awarded (if any).
15. In the event of the athlete ceasing to be a member of Clonliffe Harriers within twelve months of the date of the granting of funding then in those circumstances, the amount of such funding is refundable in full by the athlete to the club.
Application form (download).
To download an application form for the Brother Foundation click on the following link:
The Brother Foundation Application Form